- Is tied for third on the Avalanche with three power-play goals, matching his career high set last season.
- Appeared in his 400th NHL game on March 19 at Arizona.
- Tied his career high with two assists on Jan. 6 at Chicago.
- Missed 10 of 11 games due to a leg injury, Nov. 22 to Dec. 18.
- Was placed on IR, Dec. 11 (retroactive to Nov. 29) and activated on Dec. 20.
- Was activated from the Injured Non-Roster list on Oct. 16 and scored a short-handed goal in his season debut that night in Ottawa.
- The goal was Mitchell's first career short-handed tally and marked the third time in as many seasons with Colorado that he's scored a goal in his first game of the year.
- Began the season on the Injured Non-Roster list, forcing him to miss the first four games of the year.
Traded to NY Rangers by Toronto for NY Rangers' 7th round choice (Viktor Loov) in 2012 Entry Draft, February 28, 2011. Signed as a free agent by Colorado, July 1, 2012.