Stopped 27 shots for his 1st win of the season on Oct. 10 at EDM… Made 27 saves for his 1st shutout of the season on Oct. 28 at NYR… Had a penalty and 25 saves in his 4th win of the season…
- Appeared in 56 games (55 starts), posting a 20-29-5 record with a 2.86 goals-against average and two shutouts.
- Led the club with 20 victories, reaching the 20-win plateau for the second time in his career (31 in 2006-07).
- Finished the season by going 1-0-3 with a 0.96 GAA and .967 Sv% in his last four starts (251 minutes, 123 shots, 4 goals).
- Received the second-lowest goal support average among NHL goaltenders (2.17 per game). The Islanders' Yann Danis had the lowest at 2.11.
- Tied the franchise record with 29 losses, equaling the mark set by Ron Tugnutt with Quebec in 1990-91.
- Posted a 7-4 record in shootouts, allowing only 13 goals on 35 attempts (.629 Sv%).
- Only Henrik Lundqvist (9) and Ryan Miller (8) won more shootouts in 2008-09.
- Colorado's Opening Night starter for the second consecutive year.
- Was named the NHL's Second Star of the Week for October 20-26 (3-0, 1.62 GAA, .941 Sv%).
- Posted his sixth career shutout on Nov. 8 vs. Nashville, stopping 26 shots in a 1-0 victory.
- Started 12 consecutive games, Nov. 2-28.
- Made a career-high 47 saves on Nov. 18 at Calgary (on 50 shots), the third-highest total by a goaltender in Avalanche history.
- Made his 30th start of the season on Dec. 31 at Phoenix, becoming the first Avalanche goaltender to start 30 or more games before January 1st since Patrick Roy (31) in 2001-02.
- Stopped 24 shots to snap a personal five-game losing streak on March 8 at Chicago.
- Earned his second shutout of the year despite a 1-0 loss in a shootout on April 7 at San Jose.