CURRENT NOTES: Activated from the injured reserve (upper body injury) on 1/27/14
2013-14: Recorded two assists on Feb. 5 vs. Dallas…Added a shorthanded assist on Feb. 1 vs. Chicago…Fighting major on Jan. 9 vs. Detroit (Cleary)…Tallied an assist against his former team on Jan. 4 at Colorado…Scored his third goal of the season on Nov. 23 vs. New Jersey…Picked up his second goal of the season (his 200th NHL point) on Oct. 19 vs. Calgary…Scored a goal Oct. 15 at St. Louis…Compiled a plus-3 rating on Oct. 3 vs. Vancouver
FIN FACTS: Biggest influence on his hockey career was his family
- Led the Avalanche in ice time at 22:22 per game.
- Also ranked first on the club in even-strength time on ice (18:19).
- Appeared in 81 of 82 games.
- Finished second on the Avs with 162 blocked shots.
- Reached his 600th NHL game on Oct. 30 vs. Columbus.
- Did not dress on Nov. 6 vs. Minnesota (illness), the first regular season game he has missed since joining the Avalanche.
- Scored his only goal of the season on March 22 at San Jose, his first tally in 86 games.
- Logged a career-high 32:33 of ice time on April 7 at San Jose, the most minutes by an Avalanche player in a regular season game since Adam Foote played 33:27 on Feb. 6, 2003 at Detroit.