2010-11: Has missed entire season due to post concussion syndrome.
2010-11: Missed entire season due to post concussion syndrome.
2009-10 Playoffs: Played in all five games of the SCF vs. Chicago… returned to the lineup for Game 4 of the ECF vs. Montreal after missing a month following an injury suffered when he took a puck to the face against New Jersey in Game 5 of the ECQF… Had one assist in the ECQF against the Devils, coming in Game 1 on the game-winning goal.
Regular Season: Finished second on the team in penalty minutes (162)… Recorded his 200th career NHL fight at Atlanta on 3/20 (vs. Eric Boulton)… Had a “Gordie Howe Hat Trick” vs. Dallas on 1/12… Had 30 penalty minutes vs. Florida on 12/21, including 3 fighting majors… Had two assists (season high) and +3 (season high) at Buffalo on 11/6… Reached his 200th NHL assist vs. Buffalo on 11/6… Recorded a goal (1st as Flyer) at New Jersey on 10/3.
- Led the team with 163 penalty minutes, the second-highest total of his career.
- Most PIM by an Avalanche player since 2003-04 (Peter Worrell 179).
- Surpassed 100 penalty minutes for the fourth consecutive season (12th time overall), becoming the first player in Avalanche history to reach that mark four straight years.
- Ranked first among Colorado forwards in blocked shots (69) and was third in hits (103).
- Collected 19 points (7g/12a) in 74 games.
- Led the club with 17 fighting majors.
- Now has 66 major penalties since joining the club in 2005-06, the second-most in Avalanche history (Jeff Odgers 72).
- Was the Avalanche's nominee for the 2009 Bill Masterton Trophy.
- Played in his 1,000th NHL game on April 11 vs. Vancouver.
- Recorded his fourth career "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" with a goal, assist and fight on Oct. 23 vs. Edmonton.
- First Avalanche player to register a Gordie Howe Hat Trick since Matthew Barnaby on March 14, 2004 vs. Phoenix.
- Missed eight games, Jan. 6-21, after injuring his back on Jan. 4 vs. Minnesota.
- Was placed on Injured Reserve, Jan. 17 (retroactive to Jan. 4) and activated on Jan. 27.
- Logged a season-high 20 minutes in penalties, including a game misconduct, on March 27 vs. Vancouver.