Avalanche Farm Report - April 24
The Albany River Rats trail the Hershey Bears 3-1 in the first round of AHL playoffs. Albany lost 3-2 on Wednesday, April 18, but rebounded to defeat top-ranked Hershey 3-2 in overtime on Thursday. The River Rats dropped Game Three 6-5 on Sunday and fell 3-1 on Monday, April 23. The Arizona Sundogs lost three games last week and won one against the New Mexico Scorpions. The series is even at 3-3 and Game 7 will be Tuesday, April 24 in New Mexico. The Sundogs lost back-to-back games Wednesday and Thursday, falling 4-2 on April 18, and 8-2 the following night. Arizona shut out the Scorpions on Saturday, winning 3-0, but fell 8-1 on Sunday.
- Matt Murley scored a goal and added three assists in Albany's 6-5 loss to the Hershey Bears on Sunday. Murley was named first star of the game.
- Albany goaltender Tyler Weiman stopped 35 of 38 shots in the River Rats' 3-2 loss to Hershey on Wednesday. Weiman also made 32 saves on Thursday to help the River Rats to a 3-2 overtime win.
- Arizona goaltender Mike Wall stopped 29 shots for his second shutout of the series to help the Sundogs to a 3-0 win over New Mexico on Saturday, April 21.
- Cody McCormick scored a goal for the River Rats in the team's 3-2 loss on Wednesday.
- Chris Durand scored powerplay goals in each of Prince George's losses to Vancouver on Friday and Saturday in the Western Conference Finals of the WHL playoffs.