Avalanche Farm Report - March 6
The Albany River Rats and Arizona Sundogs each won two games and lost two games last week. The River Rats (28-26-5) lost 4-2 to Hershey on Wednesday, Feb. 28, and beat Syracuse 4-3 on Friday, March 2. Albany fell in overtime 3-2 against Wilkes Barre/Scranton on March 3, but rebounded to finish the weekend with a 2-1 win over Binghamton on Sunday, March 4. Arizona (28-26-1) split games with New Mexico, winning 3-2 in a shootout on Wednesday, Feb. 28 before falling 5-3 to the Scorpions on March 2. The Sundogs lost 4-2 to Odessa on Saturday, March 3, and beat Lubbock 2-1 in a shootout on March 4.
- Albany forward Matt Murley had at least one point in each of the River Rats' four games last week, including a goal in the team's 4-3 win over Syracuse on March 2.
- Sundogs goaltender Michael Wall, whom the Avalanche acquired from Anaheim at the trade deadline, had 29 saves and stopped seven of nine shootout attempts to help Arizona beat Lubbock on March 4. Teammate Kris Mayotte made 27 saves and stopped seven of eight shootout attempts in the Sundogs' 3-2 win over New Mexico on Feb. 28.
- Kyle Cumiskey had three assists in the River Rats' 4-3 win over Syracuse on March 2.
- Albany goaltender Tyler Weiman stopped 37 of 38 shots to help the River Rats to a 2-1 victory over Binghamton on March 4.
- Antti Laaksonen scored a goal in each of the River Rats' wins last week and added an assist in the team's loss to Hershey on Wednesday, Feb. 28. Laaksonen has tallied nine points in nine games played with Albany.
- Arizona forward Ryan Steeves scored a goal and had an assist in the Sundogs' 5-3 loss to New Mexico on March 2.
- Chris Stewart scored two goals, one shorthanded, in Kingston's 4-3 shootout win over Toronto St. Michael's Majors on March 2. He was named the first star of the game.
- Codey Burki scored two shorthanded goals and added an assist in the Brandon Wheat Kings' 4-0 victory over Saskatoon.
- Kamloops Blazers defenseman Ray Macias leads all league defensemen in points with 68 (29 goals, 39 assists) in 66 games and is tied for the WHL lead in plus/minus with a +32 rating. Macias scored three goals and had an assist in four games last week, including scoring the only goal in a 4-1 loss to Everett on Feb. 28.
- The University of Minnesota won the MacNaughton Cup as the WCHA regular season champions last weekend after splitting two games against Michigan Tech. Defenseman Derek Peltier had three assists for the weekend and teammate Mike Carman had two helpers. Ryan Stoa had two assists and was named the third star of the game in the Gophers' 5-4 loss to Michigan Tech on Saturday, March 3.
- Chris Durand had two assists in Prince George's 4-2 loss to Kelowna on March 2.
- Goaltender Ian Keserich stopped 17 shots for his third shutout of the season to help Tri-City beat Ohio 3-2 on March 3.