Avalanche Farm Report - Feb. 13
The Albany River Rats split a road series against the AHL East Division leaders, the Norfolk Admirals, losing 5-4 in a shootout on Wednesday, Feb. 7, but rebounding to win 4-2 on Friday, Feb. 9. The River Rats (22-24-4) lost 4-0 to Hershey on Feb. 10. The Arizona Sundogs also lost two games and won one last week. The Sundogs (20-24-1) beat Laredo 5-2 on Friday before dropping 4-3 to Austin on Saturday and 3-2 to Lubbock on Sunday.
- Albany forward Matt Murley had three assists and was named first star of the game in the River Rats' 4-2 win over Norfolk on Friday. Murley also had a goal and an assist in Albany's shootout loss to the Admirals on Wednesday. Teammate Kyle Cumiskey had three assists over the two games.
- Ryan Steeves had two assists in the Sundogs' 4-3 loss to Austin on Feb. 10.
- Kingston forward Chris Stewart scored two goals and had two assists, earning first star of the game honors in the Frontenacs' 6-5 win over Brampton on Feb. 8. Stewart also scored a goal and had two assists the following night, helping Kingston to a 6-5 shootout win over the Sarnia Sting. Stewart leads the Frontenacs with five game-winning goals and ranks second on the team in scoring with 69 points.
- Chris Durand had three assists and a +4 rating in the Prince George Cougars' 9-0 victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.
- Dartmouth junior David Jones had a goal and two assists in the Big Green's 5-4 win over Quinnipiac on Friday, Feb. 9.
- Ray Macias continues to lead all WHL defensemen with 58 points (21 goals, 37 assists) in 56 games. Macias is the WHL overall plus/minus leader at +31.
- T.J. Hensick, who leads the NCAA scoring race with 51 points (14 goals, 37 assists), had an assist in Michigan's 3-2 loss to Bowling Green on Feb. 9. Goaltender Billy Sauer made 32 saves in the loss, earning third star of the game honors.
- Victor Oreskovich had two assists in Kitchener's 8-3 win over Erie on Feb. 9 and added a goal in the Rangers' 3-2 win over Owen Sound the following night.
- London Knights forward Kevin Montgomery had two assists in the team's 8-6 victory over Brampton on Feb. 9.
- New Hampshire senior Brett Hemingway scored a goal in each of the Wildcats' wins over Merrimack last weekend.
- Mark McCutcheon scored a shorthanded goal in Cornell's 6-1 win over Rensselaer on Feb. 10.
- Ohio State junior Tom Fritsche had a goal in the Buckeye's 3-2 win over Northern Michigan on Feb. 9 and an assist in the team's 4-1 win the following night.
- Miami University sophomore Justin Mercier had an assist in each of the Red Hawks' wins over Lake Superior.