Avalanche Farm Report - Feb. 6
The Albany River Rats dropped to 21-23-3 after losing two games last week. The River Rats lost 6-5 to Binghamton on Feb. 2, and fell 4-3 to Worcester on Feb. 3. The Avalanche's CHL affiliate Arizona Sundogs won one game and lost two last week. The Sundogs (19-22-1) beat the Amarillo Gorillas 6-1 on Jan. 31 but lost 6-2 to Laredo on Feb. 2 and 4-3 to Amarillo on Feb. 3.
- Cody McCormick scored a goal in the River Rats' 6-5 loss to Binghamton and added an assist the following game, a 4-3 loss to Worcester.
- Matt Murley and Dan DaSilva each scored a goal in Albany's Feb. 3 loss to Worcester.
- Kingston Frontenacs forward Chris Stewart scored three goals, had an assist and finished +4 to help the Frontenacs to a 6-3 win over Owen Sound on Feb. 2. Stewart also added three assists in a 6-4 loss to Oshawa on Feb. 4.
- Michigan senior T.J. Hensick leads the NCAA in points (50) and assists (36). Hensick scored two goals and added two assists to earn first star of the game honors in the Wolverines' 7-4 win over Western Michigan on Friday, Feb. 2. He reached his 200th career point on his second point of the night and now has 202 (66-137) points during his four years at Michigan.
- Ray Macias leads all WHL defensemen with 57 points (21 goals, 36 assists) in 52 games. Macias scored a goal and had three assists in Kamloops' 6-4 win over Prince Albert on Jan. 30.
- Nigel Williams scored Saginaw's only goal in the team's 3-1 loss to Sault Ste. Marie on Feb. 2 and had two assists and finished +5 in Saginaw's 9-0 victory over Erie on Feb. 3.
- Brandon Wheat Kings forward Codey Burki scored two goals and had an assist in the Wheat Kings' 6-5 shootout loss to the Lethbridge Hurricanes on Jan. 31.
- University of Minnesota defenseman Derek Peltier scored two goals to help the Gophers to an 8-2 victory over Alaska-Anchorage on Feb. 2.
- Michigan goaltender Billy Sauer stopped 19 of 20 shots to help the Wolverines to a 3-1 win over Western Michigan on Feb. 3.
- Ian Keserich made 19 regulation saves and stopped three of five breakaways in the shootout to help Tri-City to a 3-2 shootout win over Sioux City on Friday, Feb. 2.