Avalanche Farm Report - Jan. 30
The Albany River Rats (21-21-3) extended their home-game winning streak to three games with a 4-2 victory over Syracuse on Jan. 24. The River Rats lost 2-1 on the road to Manchester on Jan. 27. The Arizona Sundogs won one game and lost three last week. The Sundogs beat New Mexico 2-1 in a shootout on Tuesday, Jan. 23. Arizona lost 4-3 to Amarillo on Jan. 26 and dropped a weekend series against the Rocky Mountain Rage, falling 8-4 on Saturday and 3-0 on Sunday.
- Albany defenseman Jeff Finger scored a goal and was named the first star of the game in the River Rats' 4-2 win on Jan. 24. Dan DaSilva, Ben Guite and Cody McLeod also had goals in the game.
- Victor Oreskovich has scored seven goals in his past four games with the Kitchener Rangers, including two goals in each of last week's three games.
- University of Michigan forward T.J. Hensick leads the NCAA with 46 points in 28 games. He also leads the nation in assists (34) and assists per game (1.21). The Michigan assistant captain scored two goals and added two assists in the Wolverines' 9-4 victory over Ferris State on Jan. 26.
- Defenseman Ray Macias was named the first star of the game in each of Kamloops' victories over Seattle last week. He scored a goal in the Blazers' 3-2 win on Jan. 24 and added two goals in the team's 5-3 win on Jan. 28. Macias leads all WHL defensemen and ranks 19th among all positions in scoring with 52 points (20 goals and 32 assists) in 50 games.
- Chris Stewart scored the game-winning goal in overtime to help the Kingston Frontenacs to a 4-3 win over Peterborough on Friday, Jan. 26. Stewart also logged an assist on the Frontenacs' only goal in a 5-1 loss to Belleville on Saturday and a goal and an assist in a 10-2 loss to Mississauga on Jan. 28.
- University of Minnesota sophomore Ryan Stoa scored a goal in each of the Gophers' loss to North Dakota last weekend.
- Tom Fritsche scored two goals in Ohio State's 4-2 loss to Lake Superior State on Friday and had an assist the following night, a 5-3 win over the same team. Fritsche has logged three goals and three assists in eight games since returning from an intestinal illness that caused him to miss the first 18 games of the season.
- Michigan netminder Billy Sauer stopped 36 shots in the Wolverines' 9-4 victory over Ferris State on Jan. 26.
- Nigel Williams had two assists to help Saginaw to a 5-4 win over Oshawa on Friday.