Avalanche Farm Report - Jan. 16
The Albany River Rats dropped to 18-19-3 after losing four games last week. The River Rats lost 4-3 in a shootout against Hartford at home on Wednesday, Jan. 10 before leaving on a three-game road trip. Albany lost 3-2 to Norfolk on Friday and 5-2 to the same team the following evening. The River Rats finished the road trip with a 6-3 loss to Hershey on Sunday, Jan. 14. The Avalanche's CHL affiliate, the Arizona Sundogs, lost both of their games last weekend, a 6-2 decision to Laredo on Friday, Jan. 12 and a 6-3 loss to Corpus Christi on Saturday.
- Ryan Steeves scored a goal and had an assist in the Sundogs 6-3 loss to Corpus Christi on Saturday.
- Ben Guite scored a goal and had an assist for Albany on Sunday.
- Boston University sophomore Brandon Yip had two assists in his first game since suffering a separated shoulder in Boston University's Oct. 20 game against Northeastern. Yip's assists helped the Terriers to a 6-5 victory over the University of Maine on Friday.
- Ray Macias scored two goals and had an assist in the Kamloops Blazers' 6-0 win over Prince George on Jan. 13. Macias leads all WHL defensemen in scoring with 48 points (17 goals, 31 assists) in 44 games.
- Goaltender Billy Sauer earned his first shutout of the season after making 22 saves to help Michigan to a 5-0 win over Bowling Green on Jan. 9. Sauer also had 33 saves in the Wolverines' 5-2 win over Northern Michigan.
- Ian Keserich had his second shutout of the season in Tri City's 2-0 win over Ohio on Saturday. Keserich ranks second in the USHL with a 2.27 goals against average.
- Kitchener Rangers forward Victor Oreskovich had a goal and three assists to earn first star of the game honors in a 7-2 win over Ottawa on Jan. 14.
- T.J. Hensick had four assists in three games last week for the University of Michigan, including two in the Wolverines 5-0 win over Bowling Green on Tuesday, Jan. 9 and two in Michigan's 5-2 victory over Northern Michigan on Friday, Jan. 12. Hensick leads the NCAA with 31 assists and 1.29 assists per game.
- University of Miami (Ohio) sophomore Justin Mercier had a goal and two assist in the Red Hawks' 5-3 win over Western Michigan on Friday, Jan. 12.
- London Knights forward Kevin Montgomery had two assists and earned first star of the game in a 5-1 win over the Windsor Spitfires on Sunday.