Avalanche Farm Report - Jan. 9
The Albany River Rats (18-16-2) dropped two games last week, including a 7-5 loss to Bridgeport on Friday, Jan. 5 and a 4-3 loss to Grand Rapids on Saturday, Jan. 6. The Arizona Sundogs won two of three games to improve to 16-13-1 on the season. The Sundogs lost 5-3 to the Colorado Eagles on Thursday, Jan. 4, but rebounded to beat the Rocky Mountain Rage 5-4 in overtime on Friday. Arizona also beat the New Mexico Scorpions 2-1 on Saturday, Jan. 6.
- Mike Carman and Ryan Stoa helped Team USA earn a bronze medal at the 2007 IIHF World Junior Championships in Sweden. Carman finished the tournament with a goal and a +1 rating in seven games. Stoa posted a goal and an assist and was +2 in seven games.
- Arizona forward Dan DaSilva scored the overtime game-winner in the Sundogs 5-4 victory over Rocky Mountain on Friday. DaSilva also scored the game-winner in Arizona's 2-1 win over New Mexico on Saturday.
- Ryan Steeves scored a goal and assisted on DaSilva's overtime goal in Arizona's 5-4 win on Friday.
- Cody McCormick picked up two assists in Albany's 7-4 loss to Bridgeport, while teammates Matt Murley and Mike Vernace each scored a goal.
- Kingston Frontenacs forward Chris Stewart extended his point-streak to six games with seven points in three games last week. Stewart scored a goal and had four assists in the Frontenacs' 6-5 loss to Oshawa on Jan. 5. He also had a goal in Kingston's 4-3 win over Owen Sound on Saturday and an assist in the team's 4-2 loss to Guelph on Sunday.
- Defenseman Ray Macias leads all Western Hockey League blueliners with 44 points (15 goals, 29 assists) in 40 games. Macias scored two goals in the Kamloops Blazers' 5-2 win over Kelowna on Jan. 5 and had two assists the following day in the Blazers' 3-2 win over Vancouver.
- Forward Victor Oreskovich scored two goals and was named the second star of the game in Kitchener's 5-2 win over Toronto on Thursday, Jan. 4. Oreskovich also had a goal in the team's 4-3 loss to Brampton on Jan. 5.
- Dartmouth junior David Jones scored the only goal in the Big Green's 4-1 loss to Union on Jan. 5 and posted two goals and an assist in the team's 6-2 win over Rensselaer on Jan. 6.
- Tri-City goaltender Ian Keserich stopped 30 of 33 shots in the team's 4-3 win over Waterloo on Friday, Jan. 5. Keserich had 29 saves in Tri-City's 4-3 shootout loss to Waterloo the following evening, allowing one goal on five shootout attempts.
- Nigel Williams had a goal and an assist in the Saginaw Spirit's 6-2 win over Plymouth on Saturday and added an assist in the team's 4-2 loss to the London Knights on Jan. 7.