Avalanche Farm Report - Dec. 12
The Albany River Rats, the Avalanche's AHL affiliate, won both games this weekend, improving to 13-11-2. The River Rats shut out the Springfield Falcons 4-0 on Friday, Dec. 8, and beat the Providence Bruins 2-1 on Saturday, Dec. 9. The Arizona Sundogs (10-9-1) lost in overtime to Oklahoma City on Wednesday, Dec. 6, and snapped a four-game losing streak when they beat the Rocky Mountain Rage 6-3 on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Arizona forward Dan DaSilva had six points in the Sundogs' two games last week. He had a goal and an assist in Wednesday's loss to Oklahoma City and added two goals and an assist to help Arizona beat the Rage on Friday.
- Ryan Steeves added five points for the Sundogs last week with two goals and an assist on Wednesday and two assists on Friday. Teammate Michael Vernace scored a goal and had two assists in Friday's 6-3 win.
- Albany forward Cody McCormick had a goal and an assist on Friday, his first game since being assigned to the River Rats on Thursday, Dec. 7. Johnny Boychuk and Jeff Finger also had goals in the River Rats 4-0 win over Springfield.
- Ben Guite scored his sixth goal of the season to help the River Rats beat Providence on Saturday.
- Goaltender Ian Keserich earned his first shutout of the season, stopping all 25 shots to lead the Tri City Storm to a 6-0 win over the Chicago Steel in the USHL on Saturday, Dec. 9. Keserich was named the game's first star.
- Minnesota sophomore Ryan Stoa had a goal and an assist in the Golden Gophers' 5-2 win over Michigan Tech on Saturday. Teammate Derek Peltier added an assist.
- Kitchener forward Victor Oreskovich had multiple points in three games last week for the Rangers. Oreskovich had a goal and an assist in Friday's 8-1 win over Erie, two goals and an assist in the Rangers' 5-4 win over Sarnia on Saturday, and two assists to help Kitchener beat Kingston 5-4 on Sunday.
- University of New Hampshire senior Brett Hemingway had a goal and an assist in the Wildcats' 4-2 win over UMass-Lowell on Wednesday, Dec. 6.
- Chris Stewart had a goal and assist in Kingston's 6-2 victory over Toronto on Friday.
- Kamloops defenseman Ray Macias had a goal and an assist in the Blazers' 5-0 win over Chilliwack on Friday. Macias, who is second in scoring among all WHL defensemen with 38 points in 33 games, also had an assist in Kamloops' 4-3 win over Tri City on Wednesday, Dec. 6.
- Cornell's Mark McCutcheon and Michigan's T.J. Hensick have been selected among 50 other NCAA players as finalists to compete in the Frozen Four Skill Challenge, which will be held April 6, 2007, at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. A final roster of 16 players will be chosen to compete in the event.
- Freshman defenseman Kevin Montgomery left the Ohio State men's hockey team to pursue a professional hockey career and has signed with the OHL's London Knights.