Avalanche Farm Report - Nov. 28
The Arizona Sundogs trail the Lubbock Cotton Kings by one point in the CHL Southwest Division after winning two of three last week. The Sundogs beat Austin 4-2 on Wednesday, Nov. 22 and the Odessa Jackalopes 4-1 on Friday, Nov. 24. Odessa rebounded from the loss to beat Arizona 6-3. The Albany River Rats lost two and won two last week. Albany lost its first two games of the week, falling 6-0 to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Wednesday and 4-2 to the Philadelphia Phantoms on Friday. The River Rats then shutout the Lowell Devils 5-0 on Saturday, Nov. 25, and rounded out the week with a 5-3 win over Bridgeport Sound on Sunday.
- Albany goaltender Tyler Weiman earned his first shutout of the season against the Lowell Devils on Nov. 25, stopping 19 shots. He also had 27 saves in Sunday's 5-3 win.
- Defenseman Michael Vernace had two assists in the Arizona Sundogs' 6-3 loss to Odessa on Saturday.
- Michigan senior T.J. Hensick scored a shorthanded goal and had an assist in the Wolverines' 8-2 loss to No. 1-ranked Minnesota on Saturday. He also had a goal and an assist in No. 7 Michigan's 4-3 win over Wisconsin on Friday, Nov. 24. Hensick is third in NCAA scoring and second in the CCHA with 28 points (seven goals, 21 assists) in 15 games.
- Goaltender Billy Sauer stopped 34 shots to help Michigan defeat Wisconsin 4-3 on Friday.
- Ryan Stoa assisted on Derek Peltier's first goal of the season in No. 1 Minnesota's 5-4 win over Michigan State on Friday, Nov. 24. Freshman teammate Michael Carman scored two goals in the Golden Gophers' 8-2 win over Michigan on Saturday.
- Codey Burki had three assists in the Brandon Wheat Kings' 4-1 win over the Saskatoon Blades on Saturday. The forward, who is second in WHL scoring with 42 points in 28 games, also scored the game-tying goal with just over a minute left in the game in Brandon's 5-4 shootout win over the Prince Albert Raiders on Nov. 26.
- Dartmouth junior David Jones leads the Ivy League with fifteen points (five goals, 10 assists) in 10 games. He had a goal and an assist and was the game's first star in the Big Green's 3-3 tie against Princeton on Friday, Nov. 24.
- Kevin Montgomery had two assists in Ohio State's 5-5 tie against Rensselaer on Saturday, Nov. 25.
- Senior forward Brett Hemingway scored the game-winning goal in New Hampshire's 3-1 win over Northeastern on Saturday.