Avalanche Farm Report - Nov. 21
Tuesday, 11.21.2006 / 12:00 AM / News
With a win and two losses last week, the Albany River Rats fell to 8-8-1 and fifth place in the AHL East. The River Rats lost 4-0 to the Binghamton Senators on Wednesday, Nov. 15, and fell 4-2 to the Syracuse Crunch on Friday, Nov. 17. Albany beat the Philadelphia Phantoms 4-1 on Sunday. The Avalanche CHL affiliate, the Arizona Sundogs, split four games last week. The Sundogs handed the Colorado Eagles their second loss of the season with a 7-2 win on Nov. 14. Arizona lost to Odessa 7-1 on Friday, but rebounded to beat Rio Grande Valley 4-1 on Saturday. The Sundogs (7-6-0) fell to Corpus Christi 3-2 on Sunday, Nov. 19.
- Arizona defenseman Michael Vernace scored one goal and had three assists in the Sundogs' 7-2 win over Colorado.
- Kyle Cumiskey scored a goal and an assist in the River Rats' 4-1 win over Philadelphia on Saturday. Cumiskey's performance earned him first star of the game honors.
- Brandon Wheat Kings forward Codey Burki is the leading scorer in the WHL with 38 points (18 goals and 20 assists) in 25 games. He scored at least one point in each of the Wheat Kings' three games last week, including a goal and an assist in a 3-1 victory over Prince Albert on Nov. 18.
- Chris Stewart scored a goal and had two assists in Kingston's 5-2 win over the Plymouth Whalers on Nov. 18, earning third star of the game. Stewart also had a goal and an assist in the Frontenacs' 7-2 win over the Sarnia Sting on Nov. 17.
- University of Michigan senior T.J. Hensick is tied with teammate Kevin Porter for fourth nationally and second in the CCHA in scoring with 22 points. Hensick had three points over the weekend, including two assists in the Wolverines' 5-1 win over Ferris State on Saturday.
- Defenseman Ray Macias is ranked fourth among WHL blueliners with 27 points in 24 games. Macias scored two goals and had an assist in Kamloops' 5-4 loss to Kelowna on Nov. 14. He extended his point streak to nine games with an assist in a 3-2 loss to Everett on Nov. 15.
- Dartmouth junior David Jones scored a goal and had an assist in the Big Green's 4-2 loss to Yale on Nov. 17. Jones scored the only goal in Dartmouth's 1-0 victory over Brown the following night.
- Ryan Stoa, a sophomore at the University of Minnesota, scored a goal in the Gophers' victory over No. 13 Wisconsin on Saturday, Nov. 18.
- Miami (Ohio) University sophomore Justin Mercier scored a goal and had an assist in Miami's 7-3 victory over Nebraska-Omaha on Nov. 17.