Avalanche Farm Report - Nov. 14
The Albany River Rats won three straight road games last week, improving their record to 7-6-1. The River Rats started a four-game road trip with wins at Milwaukee (3-2), Peoria (3-1) and Grand Rapids (3-2). Albany will complete the trip Wednesday at Binghamton before returning to Pepsi Arena for two weekend games. The Arizona Sundogs dropped their home opener against the Youngstown SteelHounds 6-0 on Friday, Nov. 10, but rebounded to defeat the SteelHounds 5-4 in a shootout on Saturday, Nov. 11. The Sundogs (5-4-0) trail the Lubbock Cotton Kings by two points in the CHL's Southwest Division.
- Albany forwards Matt Murley and Ben Guite each scored their third goal of the season on Friday, Nov. 10, with Cody McLeod and Peter Tsimikalis adding assists. Tsimikalis also scored a goal in the River Rats 3-2 victory over the Grand Rapids Griffins on Saturday, Nov. 11. Goaltender Tyler Weiman stopped 34 of 36 shots against the Griffins on Saturday.
- Brandon Wheat Kings forward Codey Burki scored a goal and had three assists in the Wheat Kings' 4-1 victory over the Moose Jaw Warriors on Friday, Nov. 10. Burki also had two assists in a 3-2 loss to Everett on Wednesday, Nov. 8, and is tied for second in WHL scoring with 15 goals and 18 assists for 33 points in 22 games.
- Raymond Macias had 5 points in three games last week, extending his scoring streak to seven games. Macias has had at least one point in each of the Kamloops' seven games since Oct. 28, 2006. He ranks third among WHL defensemen in scoring with 8 goals and 15 assists in 20 games.
- University of Michigan senior T.J. Hensick had three assists and was the second star of the game in the Wolverines' 6-4 victory over Nebraska-Omaha on Friday, Nov. 10. Hensick, who has four goals and 15 assists in 10 games, is tied with teammate Kevin Porter (10 goals, nine assists) for fourth in the NCAA and second in CCHA scoring.
- Michigan goaltender Billy Sauer earned second star of the game honors on Saturday, Nov. 11, as he stopped 32 of 33 shots to help Michigan beat Nebraska-Omaha 5-1.
- Chris Stewart scored a goal and had two assists in Kingston's 6-0 win over Mississauga on Friday, Nov. 10.