Avalanche Farm Report - Nov. 7
The Albany River Rats recorded one win and two losses last week, dropping to 4-6-1. The River Rats lost 1-0 to the Hamilton Bulldogs (4-6-0) on Wednesday, Nov. 1, but rebounded on Friday and beat the Philadelphia Phatoms 6-3 on the road. The team returned to Pepsi Arena on Saturday, Nov. 4, and lost 4-3 in overtime to the Providence Bruins (7-2-1) ... After being voted the third-best team in the CHL, the Arizona Sundogs dropped two games to the Colorado Eagles to complete a 5-game road trip. The Eagles won 5-4 on Friday, Nov. 3, and 5-2 on Saturday, Nov. 4.
- Forward Matt Murley led the River Rats with a goal and two assists in Friday's win over the Phantoms. Jeff Finger, Dan DaSilva and Cody McLeod each added a goal in the contest, and defenseman Johnny Boychuk had two assists. Goaltender Tyler Weiman earned his third win of the season, stopping 25 shots.
- Albany defenseman Kyle Cumiskey scored his first AHL goal and had an assist on Saturday, Nov. 4.
- Michael Vernace had two points in the Sundogs' weekend losses to Colorado with an assist on Friday and a goal on Saturday. Captain Ryan Steeves scored his fourth goal of the season on Friday, Nov. 3.
- Kingston Frontenacs forward Chris Stewart had three points, all on special teams, in Kingston's 5-2 win over the Plymouth Whalers on Nov. 5. Stewart had an assist on teammate Bobby Hughes' shorthanded goal and a goal and an assist on the power play. Stewart also had assists in Kingston's losses to Toronto and Belleville on Nov. 2 and 3.
- T.J. Hensick scored a goal and had three assists in the University of Michigan's 6-2 win over rival Michigan State on Saturday, Nov. 4. Hensick, who was named the second star of the game, is ranked third in CCHA scoring and fourth nationally with 16 points (4g/12a) in eight games.
- Michigan goaltender Billy Sauer was the third star of the Wolverines' 6-2 win over Michigan State with 34 saves.
- Kamloops Blazers defenseman Raymond Macias, who is ranked fourth among WHL defensemen in scoring, had two assists in the Blazers' 5-3 win over Prince George on Friday. Macias also had an assist in Kamloops' 3-2 win over Chilliwack the following evening. He has scored seven goals and 11 assists in 17 games.
- Ryan Stoa scored a shorthanded, game-winning goal on Friday, Nov. 3 to help the University of Minnesota beat the University of Minnesota-Duluth. The Golden Gophers extended their winning streak to eight games with a 3-2 overtime win on Saturday night.
- University of New Hampshire senior Brett Hemingway scored a goal and added an assist to earn third star of the game honors as the Wildcats beat Northeastern 6-3 on Friday, Nov. 3. Hemingway also had an assist in Saturday's 3-1 win over the Huskies.
- Cornell senior Mark McCutcheon led the Big Red to a 5-2 victory over Yale on Nov. 4 with a goal and two assists. McCutcheon ranks third on the team in scoring with two goals and three assists in four games.
- Dartmouth junior David Jones had two assists in the team's 6-3 loss to Clarkson on Nov. 4. Jones leads the Ivy League in scoring and ranks 11th nationally in points per game (1.75), recording one goal and six assists in four games.