Avalanche Farm Report - Oct. 31
The Avalanche's AHL affiliate, the Albany River Rats, dropped two games to the Hershey Bears last weekend. The River Rats (3-5-0) lost 4-3 at home Friday, Oct. 27, and were blanked 5-0 in Hershey on Saturday, Oct. 28. The Arizona Sundogs, the Avalanche's CHL affiliate, fared better, winning both weekend games to improve to 3-1-0 and claim first place in the Southwest Division. The Sundogs beat the New Mexico Scorpions 3-1 in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, on Friday, Oct. 27. Arizona went on to beat the Amarillo Gorillas 5-4 in the franchise's first-ever shootout on Sunday, Oct. 29.
- Ryan Steeves had one assist and scored Arizona's first-ever shootout goal on Oct. 29.
- Sundogs goaltender Kris Mayotte stopped 37 of 41 shots Sunday and allowed only one goal on four attempts in the shootout.
- Kingston Frontenacs captain Chris Stewart scored four goals and added one assist for five points in Kingston's 6-3 victory over Sault Ste. Marie on Oct. 27. Stewart was the game's first star and earned Player of the Week honors for the Frontenacs. The Avalanche's No. 1 draft selection added a goal and an assist in Kingston's 6-8 loss to Oshawa on Oct. 29, and has totaled nine goals and four assists in 12 games.
- With seven goals and eight assists in 15 games, Kamloops defenseman Raymond Macias ranks fourth in scoring among all WHL defensemen. Macias had three assists in Kamloops' 5-2 win over Brandon on Sunday. He also scored the only regulation goal in the Blazers' shootout win over Seattle on Saturday, Oct. 28 and added an empty-net goal in a 4-2 win over Tri-City on Oct. 25.
- Dartmouth junior David Jones scored a goal and had two assists in the Big Green's season-opening 5-3 win over Harvard on Friday, Oct. 27. Jones added two assists in Dartmouth's 3-2 victory over Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 29. He was the second star of each game and is tied with captain Tanner Glass for the team scoring lead with five points in two games.
- T.J. Hensick had two assists in both of Michigan's games against Northeastern last weekend. The Wolverines won 4-3 in overtime on Oct. 27, but were defeated 3-2 the following night. Hensick is tied for the team lead with 11 points in six games.
- Brandon Wheat Kings forward Codey Burki scored at least one point in each of Brandon's four games last week, highlighted by a two-goal performance in the Wheat Kings' 4-2 loss to Chilliwack on Friday, Oct. 27.
- Victor Oreskovich, a forward with the Kitchener Rangers, added assists in wins against Peterborough, London and Plymouth last week. Oreskovich has scored a total of five points during the Rangers' current five-game winning streak.
- University of Minnesota freshman Michael Carman scored a short-handed goal in Saturday's 8-1 win over Colorado College. Teammate Ryan Stoa scored his fourth goal of the season.
- Brett Hemingway, a senior at the University of New Hampshire, had an assist in both of UNH's losses last week - a 3-2 loss to the University of Massachusetts on Thursday and a 4-3 overtime loss to Yale Saturday.
- Cornell's Mark McCutcheon scored a power play goal in the Big Red's 5-3 win over RIT on Saturday.