Avalanche Community Fund Awards More Than $172,000 To Charity
The 3rd cycle grant theme is "Community Development" and grants are awarded to non-profit organizations that help make our community a stronger, more viable place to live, work and play. Grant recipients include:
· Special Olympics Colorado, to support more than 80 school and youth programs for over 7800 intellectually disabled children and adults in Colorado
· Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center, to provide tuition assistance for disadvantaged, disabled and seriously ill Colorado youth to attend BOEC Wilderness and Adaptive Ski Programs
· Jewish Community Center, to provide scholarship assistance for disadvantaged youth to attend Ranch Camp which provides experiences to grow in mind, body and spirit
· Jeffco Action Center, to support the emergency services program for those in need in Jefferson County
· Food Bank of the Rockies, for support of Kid's Cafe which serves over 167,000 hot nutritious meals to children each year who are involved with after school mentoring and recreation programs
· Denver Zoo, to support the Red Apple Fund for life-long learning which provides complimentary admission to Zoo visits and educational programs for disadvantaged schools and community groups
· Energy Outreach Colorado, to help keep Coloradoans warm this winter by providing energy assistance to families in need including seniors on fixed incomes, working families and those with disabled individuals and children
The Colorado Avalanche Community Fund (CACF) supports local and statewide, non-profit organizations that serve the needs of low-income children and families. Funds raised by the CACF are matched by the McCormick Tribune Foundation at a significant percentage increasing the dollar amount available to local worthwhile agencies and their community programs. Since 1995, the CACF has granted nearly $10 million to hundreds of non-profit agencies throughout Colorado.
For more information on the Colorado Avalanche Community Fund, please contact Deb Dowling at 303.405.1325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.