North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||U. of Minnesota, WCHA
||May 29, 1990
||Wausau, WI, USA
- Named to the Wisconsin Hockey Coaches Association All-State team in 2008.
- His first hockey team was the Wausau Warjacks after getting his start in hockey at the age of five playing roller hockey in the neighborhood. He used to skate on the local pond and on the ice in his driveway – “I have two brothers so there was always someone to shoot pucks with”.
- Credits his brother, Nick, for having had the most influence on his career – “he has influenced many of my decisions because of his experience in hockey”. Nick will attend the University of Notre Dame in the fall of 2008.
- His most memorable hockey moment was playing his senior season in front of his hometown friends and family – they won the Marathon Cup and the Kuehlman Cup.
- The best advice he ever received came from his grandfather – “hard work pays off, you will never regret it”; if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be playing lacrosse.
- Will attend the University of Minnesota in the fall of 2009.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player: Sidney Crosby
Shootout move: “Fake shot, backhanded shot, high right side”
Goal celebration: “Jump up in the air in front of your bench and your teammates catch you up in the air.”
Practice Drill: “Showdown Shootout - if you miss, you are done.”
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Sitcom/TV Show: Seinfeld
Artist/Group: Chris Brown
Book: Artemis Fowl
Pump-up song: The Pretender by Foo Fighters
Food to cook: Spaghetti
Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse
Activity away from the rink: Playing games with family and friends
Toy growing up: Power Rangers action figures
Place to shop: Eastbay (The Athletic SportSource)
Place to visit: Mexico